Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Still Here

Do you ever feel like you are impossibly behind? You look at your mess (your house, your files, your desk, whatever) and you feel amazingly overwhelmed, and you have no idea where to start, and so you don't? Thereby putting yourself even farther behind?

And, if you could just do something and have it stay done while you start doing something else, it would feel a little more possible. Friday (with some help from my mom and a fabulous neighbor) I got my house relatively clean: floors mopped and vacuumed, bathrooms clean, kitchen clean, kids' rooms clean, laundry done (which in itself is a fabulous feat that just doesn't last!). So, all that was left was the other overwhelming tasks of organization. (Papers, and a couple rooms that need to be de-junked and organized.) I didn't hop on that quite as soon as I should have, and now that it is Tuesday, the organizing still needs to be done, but I also now have messy rooms that need to be picked up and vacuumed, laundry that needs to be washed and folded, and I'm a little behind in my dishes!

Not to mention the other things that have not been done today, like reading my scriptures... and I am just having one of those impossible moments. Of course, it is impossible to catch up on any of that while I am sitting here blogging. ;) So, I shall overcome my little pity moment, and do SOMETHING. (That reminds me of something that was said in Stake Conference this weekend, but I'll have to say something about that later. Can you feel the suspense?)

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I could have posted that myself. By thy time I get the stuff put away, I'm too worn out to do the cleaning. It's starting to show. I need a plan. Any ideas?