My "terrible two" is so stinkin' cute that I think he will live to see three. :) He loves his new baby brother. He is always saying things like, "Jame is cute, mom" and, "Jame is so funny!" and, "Hello, Mr. James". He really likes being one of the big boys, and he's a pretty good helper when he wants to be. Devon is different than the other kids, because bribes don't really work. When I ask him to do something he might say, "Yeah sure" or he might just tell me no. And if he says no, it usually doesn't matter what you say or do--offer him candy, threaten punishment--he just won't do it. I blame Ja
son. ;)
Devon loves to be a helper. Here he is at the baby blessing trying to help with the cooking... and enjoying something chocolate (still in his church clothes, I am thankful for washing machines and detergent).
Devon loved all of the camping this summer. It's so fun when cousins and grandp
arents come. Devon was alwa
ys looking for someone to take him for a ride on the 4-wheelers. Of course, he wasn't alone in that, all the cousins wanted to go too. :) But between uncles, parents, and grandpa there was usually someone willing to take them. We went on hikes, threw rocks in the river, played games, ate great food, (notice the watermellon face, I think he ate 9 or 10 slices, and was so happy about it!) and shot bb guns. Devon
even got to pee on a couple trees, what more could a little boy ask for?Speaking of that, after on-again-off-again all summer (remember, bribes don't work for this one) Devon decided it was time to be potty-trained, and he hasn't had an accident in about two weeks. Yay!!!
School starting was a bit of an adjustment, on the way home from the bus stop the first day Devon said, "lost". When I asked him what he meant he said we were lost because Brett was gone. But, it's kind-of fun to have just the two little boys for a while each day. Devon is cute and funny, even if he is a little--or a lot!--stubborn!
Here's a con
versation we had yesterday:(I had just got off the phone with my mom)
Devon--Do you like your mom?
Me--What?
Devon--Do you like your mom?
Me--Do I like my mom? Yes, I like my mom, do you like your mom?
Devon--I don't have a mom
Me--Yes you do, I'm your mom
Devon--You not mom, you mommy
Me--Oh, ok, do you like me?
Devon--::shrug:: Yeah, sure
1 comment:
okay seriously he is so precious i could kiss his face off! add me to your blog :)
i <3 you!
Post a Comment