Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Not for the faint of stomach

Can KFC cure diarrhea?
For the past two weeks or so the little Princess has been up and down with tummy troubles. She finally managed to pass it on to me and Baby D. (Thankfully--crossing my fingers--B. has only complained his tummy hurt for about 2 hours one day.)
So, Sunday night just as I was going to bed D. started throwing up. We sat on the couch, we laid in the bed, we rocked, I sang, he had a bottle and threw up again--he got mad--I sang some more... finally he went back to sleep around 3am. When I woke up around 5, I put him in his bed and helped hubby get ready to go, then snatched another hour before Princess had to be up for school. So, big surprise that I wasn't feeling too swell Monday. Today was worse... I felt like I was in the bathroom all day. It's amazing how much crap can come out of a person when they haven't eaten anything! By dinner time I was starving. I didn't want to make anything, and I didn't want to go anywhere. After fighting with myself about which was more work, and deciding there was nothing in the house that I particularly wanted to eat, I decided to grab some KFC. We could go to the drive-through, and the kids wouldn't even have to put their shoes on. Well, KFC doesn't really cure anything, but I did feel a little better after eating. My four-year-old ate almost 4 pieces of chicken, and I found out D. likes coleslaw. He didn't keep it down, but I sensed it coming, and we managed to lean over the garbage can in time to avoid a large splatter all over me, him, and the kitchen. Later he also threw up half an apple, but--so far--he has managed to keep down the other half, and part of a bottle. So, hopefully we will all be feeling a bit better in the morning.

1 comment:

Stormi Winscot said...

I hope you all get feeling better. It's one thing when the little ones know how to barf in the toilet or a bowl, but a baby!!! I feel so bad for him and you, plus you aren't feeling well either. Sending healthy vibes your way!!!!