Thursday, October 9, 2008

Brilliant moment

Do you ever put meat in the bottom drawer of your refrigerator and promptly forget about it? And then, two weeks later (or the next time you buy meat) you open the drawer and realize where the smell you have been noticing each time you open the fridge is coming from? (And then get mad about the money you wasted!)
Maybe it's just me.

Well, to combat that problem, I have started writing what is in that drawer--and it's expiration date--on the little whiteboard on my refrigerator. It's working quite nicely. :)

(And, just in case you were wondering, the picture is a little old. The steak and hamburger were eaten, and the whiteboard now says, "Chicken, Oct 11".)

1 comment:

Kristen S said...

I actually never put meat in the fridge unless I'm using it that day for that very reason! It goes straight in the freezer or else it goes rotten in the fridge. And I HATE having to throw away food...what a waste!