Dear Mom,
When will quiet time be over? All we want is to go outside! I'll give you resens why we should go outside
.We need fresh air
.I'ts fun outside
.Were so bord
.We are still leaving you alone like quiet time
.We hate quiet time.
.We want to play outside (Not in side!)
.And quiet time is so so boring
Love you datter
Ashley
PS. I got this paper from the closet.
PPS. please write back on the back of the paper.
Dear Datter Ashley,
I am glad that you enjoy fresh air and that you think it is fun to be outside. I am sure that you will have ample opportunity to be outside in the near future--especially once we get the garden planted and the weeds start to grow.
As to the duration of quiet time, it usually lasts an hour. (This is convenient, since you told me in the car this morning that you would like to read for an hour.) BUT, since you have come out of your room to whine at me at least 5 times since I sent you in there I have lost track, and I am afriad I might have to start the time over again.
Here are my reasons why YOU need quiet time:
*Children need LOTS of sleep
*Whining and crying are signs that they need MORE sleep
*You need time alone--away from your brothers, and everyone else--once in a while
*Boredom is good for children, it encourages immagination
*NOT getting what you want is also good for children, it fosters fortitude
There is another whole list of why I need quiet time, but we won't go into that right now.
Love your muther,
Mom
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
I can't tell you how much I LOVE and relate to this!! I'm glad to hear that there is another mean mom somewhere who makes their children have quiet time, even when they are too old to take naps. AND I love that we both have datters who want to argue very "valid" points with their muthers about boredom. This is super cute!! I may just have to steal your letter though. It may save me the 5 minutes it would take me to write my own. haha.
Post a Comment