Monday, June 30, 2008

Uintah Adventure Day 2

Thursday morning dawned with three stiff adults and three less-than-adequately-rested children inside two very muddy stuck trucks. Around 6:30 David and Jason started digging. They put rocks under the tires, pushed, dug some more, and bounced up and down in the back of the truck while I gunned it. We were still stuck. So, Jason took me and Devon back to camp on the 4-wheeler, and then went back for Ashley and Brett. So, we finally changed the soggy diaper and fed the children. I think it was about 3:30 that afternoon when Jason and David got back to camp with David's truck. The 4-wheeler was finally able to jerk it out of the mud. Jason's truck was still very, very stuck, and David's truck just wasn't going to be able to get it out alone. They decided to try again when Jason's dad got up there with his truck. Surely two trucks would be able to yank the poor thing out! Jason and David were so tired and sore! They tried to get in a little nap before everyone else got up there.
Dad and Mom, and Becky and her boys came up, and I made chili for dinner. I didn't realize until everyone was eating that I had forgotten to put the hamburger in! Oh well! Everyone still thought it was good. Devon ate it so well! I had to get him more twice! It's a good thing Scott was late and ate dinner on the way because it was gone when he got up there.
Jason and I were very happy to go to bed that night! We were all very tired.

No comments: